Kheer: Indian Sweet DIsh
1/4th cup long grain rice (washed and drained)
· 4-5 cups milk
· 2-3 cardamom seeds (crushed)
· 2 tbsp almonds (blanched silvered)
· A pinch of saffron threads, soaked in a little hot milk
· 1 tbsp skinned pistachio nuts (chopped)
· 1 tbsp raisins (optional)
· 2-3 tbsp sugar or as desired
How to make kheer:
· Put the rice, milk and cardamom in a pan, bring to boil and simmer gently until the rice is soft and the grains are starting to break up.
· Add almonds, pistachio, saffron and raisins and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
· Add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
· Remove the rice kheer from heat and serve either warm or chilled.