Recipe of deep fried vegetable balls tossed in soy and chilli sauce
· Preparation Time : 10-15 minutes
· Cooking Time : 10-15 minutes
Servings : 4
· 1 medium Cabbage, grated
· ¼ small Cauliflower, grated
· 1 medium Carrot, grated
· 2-3 Green chillies, finely chopped
· 10-15Garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 1 ½ inch Ginger, finely chopped
· Salt to taste
· 1/4 cup refined flour (maida)
· 4 teaspoons Dark soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon + to deep fry Oil
· 2 inch stalk Celery, chopped
· 1 teaspoon Cornflour/ corn starch
· 1 Cup Vegetable stock
· 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
· 1 teaspoon Vinegar
· 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
· 2 stalks Spring onion greens, finely chopped
· Heat adequate oil in a kadai.
· Mix all vegetables together cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, green chillies, garlic, ginger, salt, refined flour and 2 table spoon soy sauce well.
· Shape into small balls, roll in corn flour and deep fry till golden and crisp.
· Heat 1 table spoon oil in a non-stick pan.
· Add remaining ginger, garlic and green chillies, celery, remaining soy sauce and sauté.
· Dissolve corn flour in 2 table spoon water. Add vegetable stock to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
· Add corn flour mixture, pepper powder, vinegar and sugar and mix well.
· Drain the vegetable balls and add to the sauce. Mix well. Switch off the heat.
· Add half the spring onion greens and mix.
· Transfer into a serving dish and serve hot garnished with remaining spring onion greens.