Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes
Serves: 2 - 3 persons
healthy and light summer salad with fresh raw veggies and nuts and seeds.
· 2 medium sized carrots
· 2 medium sized cucumber
· 1 small tender white indian radish
· 1 large tomato
· 2-3 spring onions
· 1 or 2 Table Spoon pumpkin seeds
· 1 Table Spoon roasted sunflower seeds
· ½ Table Spoon sesame seeds
· 1 Table Spoon chopped cashews or whole cashews
· 1 Table Spoon chopped almonds (optional)
· 1 Table Spoon chopped pistachois
· 1 Table Spoon walnuts
· salad dressing
· 1 Table Spoon extra virgin olive oil
· 1 Tea Spoon lemon juice
· 3-4 fresh italian basil, chopped
· herbs as required
· 1 Table spoon finely chopped celery
· Salt and pepper as required
Recipe for Veggie Salad.
· Rinse all the veggies. peel and chop the carrots, radish and cucumber.
· Chop the tomatoes. Finely chop the spring onions. Take all the cut veggies in a bowl.
· Heat a pan and dry roast all the dry fruits till crisp and lightly browned.
· In a small bowl, beat all the ingredients well for the dressing. Pour the dressing in the bowl containing veggies.
· Toss well so that the veggies are coated with the dressing. Sprinkle the roasted seeds and dry fruits.
Salad, Cook, Olive oil, seassme seeds, pumpkin seeds, onions, tomato, radish, walnuts, sunflower, cucumber, carrots